We were formed as George W Barclay Limited on 15 April 1952 and we are proud that we remain the same limited company over 65 years later.George Barclay founded the company in 1952, the same year Elizabeth II acceded the throne, unlike her majesty, George sought retirement 1973.With no children to leave his business to, George offered it for sale to one of his most dedicated and talented printers, Jack Amos.A FAMILY BUSINESSJack brought together his family and his in-laws, to fund the purchase of the business and George W Barclay remains a family business to this day, owned by the Amos family.Jack retired in 2001 and his son David is the current MD, with his grandson, Richard coming into the business in 2015 and currently undergoing a full training programme in all departments.A LONDON BUSINESSWhen the company was formed, we were based in Clifton Street in the City of London as a letterpress printer, supplying printed stationery to City institutions. The company moved to Walthamstow High Street around 1979 and added small offset litho presses to our letterpress while in Walthamstow. The property in Walthamstow High Street had a shop front and was arranged over 4 floors.A NEW BUILDINGIn 1988-89, the company invested in a purpose-built factory and office complex in Leyton, just off the Lea Bridge Road. This considerable investment in 4,500 square feet of brand new premises has proved extremely successful enabling us to expand, to invest in new equipment and to thrive. We are still in the same premises to this day, although the square footage has been expanded internally to nearly 8,000 square feet. Further expansion in 2019 is planned with the purchase of the building next door to the current premises extending the footprint to 19,000 square feet, enabling the company to offer more services in-house.BARCLAY’S NAMEWith the move to new premises in 1989, came a rebranding to the current trading name, Barclay’s Print, which better reflects what we do best. The BIG B logo was introduced and the fresh identity matched the fresh approach of a multi-press stationery printer. By 1995, the company had invested in presses to become a full-colour printer and expanded into mailing services.The current logo and brand was created in 2009 as a sharper and cleaner representation of a modern and very capable printing and mailing companyMISSION STATEMENTTo provide the best possible printing and mailing service, by listening to our clients, creating long-term relationships that add value, in an honest and ethical way. We strive every day to be people who care about your products, as much as they do.